Over the past 30+ years one name above all has been linked with Northern California player development. Derek Eisler has been a driving force in helping young hockey players reach their potential and take their game to the NCAA Div 1 and Professional level.
Derek’s coaching career started in Northern California. His first paid coaching responsibility was in 1988. His 30 years of coaching has taken him from youth hockey (Norcal Rep Club, IMG Academy, Jr Sharks, Stockton Colts), to Junior Hockey (Rochester Mustangs (2), Billings Bulls) to Professional Hockey (China Sharks), NHL (San Jose Sharks) and International Hockey (Swiss Summer Teams (5), Israel/Canada Hockey School).
What sets Derek apart from everyone else in Northern California are his connections within the hockey community. Derek has worked extensively with coaches and general managers around the hockey world to promote Northern California kids to higher levels in hockey. Leagues that Derek has worked with or has been associated: (BCHL, SJHL, MJHL, NAHL, USHL, NCAA Div. 1 and 3, WHL, ECHL, NHL) and Tier 3 Jr. A (CSHL (now NA3), WSHL, AWHL, Nor Pac). AAA programs and Prep Schools across the country.
TRY HOCKEY 4 FREE PROGRAM
The Stockton Jr. Colts Try Hockey 4 Free program offers first-time boys and girls hockey players the chance to get on the rink in full hockey equipment for free. They will receive 4 sessions of instruction on the basics of hockey as well as learn how to skate properly. To learn more about this program click here.
IN-HOUSE HOCKEY PROGRAM (Run by Oak Park Ice Arena in Partnership with Stockton Jr. Colts)
The IN-HOUSE Program is designed to introduce your child to the game of ice hockey. Basic individual hockey skills including skating, passing, stick handling, and shooting through cross-ice mini games and skill development practices will be taught. Players will be grouped according to skill level.
PROGRAM FEE: $325.00 (Jersey Included in cost) $300.00 for returning players.
2017-18 USA Hockey Membership is required. Please visit www.usahockeyregistration.com if you need to register.
PROGRAM INCLUDES: 16 week program
Saturday mornings 11:45am-12:40pm (Mite 8U & Squirt 10U)
Saturday afternoon 12:45pm-1:40pm (PeeWee 12U-H.S. 18U)
Monday nights 5:15pm-6:30pm. (All Players 8U-H.S.)
First session - Saturday August 19, 2017
Program ends -Saturday December 9, 2017
All sessions held at Oak Park Ice Arena
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR PARTICIPATION (not included in program fee but available in Pro shop):
- Helmet with facemask
- Elbow, Shoulder, and shin pads
- Skates (can be rented)
- Hockey Socks
- Hockey Pants ("Shorts")
TRY-OUT FOR JR. COLTS TEAM (2017-2018 season)
2017-18 USA Hockey Membership is required to try-out. Please visit www.usahockeyregistration.com if you need to register. Please bring your USA Hockey number to every try-out.
To register for try-outs, please click on the registration link at the bottom of the page. A $40/$80.00 try-out fee must be paid at time of registration. The try-out fee is a stand alone fee that is not connect to your season team fees. If you do not register through the link below, you will be considered a "Walk-Up" registration.
"Walk up" try-out registrations will be accepted. Walk up try-out fee is $100.00. Walk ups can pay at the try-out table with cash, check, or credit card. We encourage you to register so we can be prepared for you and your try-out.
BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS
If you are a new player to NORCAL, or are foreign born, you MAY be asked to provide a copy of your government issued birth certificate and/or US Visa documents to the NORCAL Registrar. Please make sure that you bring these documents to tryouts in the event that you are picked for a team.
THE TRY-OUT SCHEDULE:
AA Tier Hockey PeeWee 12U (2005-2006)
Saturday May 20th 2:30-3:45pm
Tuesday May 23th 7:15-8:30pm
A/B Travel Hockey Saturday June 3rd
8:30am --Gear Fitting 6U Mini Mites Program (2011-2013)
9:30am--Ice 8U Mite Program (2009-2010)
10:30am--Lady Colts (2007-2010)
4:30pm--Stockton Colts Squirt 10U (2007-2008)
5:45pm--Stockton Colts PeeWee 12U (2005-2006)
7:00pm--Stockton Colts Bantams 14U (2003-2004)
Sunday June 4th
9:00am--Stockton Colts Squirt 10U (2007-2008)
10:15am--Stockton Colts PeeWee 12U (2005-2006)
11:45am--Stockton Colts Bantam 14U (2003-2004)
Tuesday June 6th
6:00pm Stockton Squirrels HS (Freshmen to Senior)
Mites and Lady Colts, High School Squirrels Try-out Fees $40.00
Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam $80.00
THE TRY-OUT PROCESS:
Check-in at the try-out table, present the required documentation (see above).
- Receive your try-out number and place it on the back of your helmet (some tryouts will use jerseys instead of helmet numbers)
- Proceed to locker room and be ready to get on the ice at the designated time for your try-out
- Most try-outs will last about an hour. Upon completion of the try-out, proceed to the locker room and get dressed
- Upon completion of your second try-out (certain teams will only have one try-out) Tryout results will be posted by your helmet/jersey number on the glass outside of the party room at the rink shortly after the completion of the final try-out. At that time, you will be instructed to do one of the following things:
- Meet with the coach to sign up for the team
- Or, you will be encouraged to attend try-outs for other Clubs
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM CHOSEN FOR A TEAM?
- Immediately following the try-out, you and your parent(s) will meet with the coach, team manager, and a Club representative at the area designated (party room).
- With help, you will complete a Financial Agreement, set up your payment process for season fees, and complete your player registration online.
- You may Pay in full or select a monthly payment plan. YOU WILL HAVE TWO OPTIONS OF PAYMENT (ONLINE ONLY) THROUGH YOUR SPORTSENGINE ACCOUNT: You may pay in full with credit card or a checking/savings account through an ONLINE portal. NO CHECKS OR CASH! CASH AND/OR CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED TO PAY SEASON FEES!
- Please come prepared with credit card information and/or checking/savings account information to pay your non-refundable season registration fee and set up your season fee payment options. Season registration fees are as follows and count towards your season fees: (2017-2018 Season Fees are not yet final. Please use below numbers as an example only)
Division Season Registration Fee *Season Fee Monthly
6U Mini-mites = $100.00 $350.00/250.00 $83.33 / $50.00
8U Mites = $300.00 $1,700.00 $155.55
10U Squirts = $300.00 $2,425.00 $236.11
12U PeeWee = $300.00 $2,425.00 $236.11
12U PeeWee AA = $400.00 $3,455.00 $381.87 14U Bantam = $300.00 $2,425.00 $236.11
High School = $300.00 $2,425.00 $236.11
* A $50.00 discount is given for paying in full. A $200.00 multi-player discount is available. A monthly payment plan is available drawing the 2nd of every month July 2 - March 2.
- Upon completion of Financial Agreement you will be given access to a computer to set up payment process of season fees and complete your player registration online.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org