Over the past 30+ years one name above all has been linked with Northern California player development. Derek Eisler has been a driving force in helping young hockey players reach their potential and take their game to the NCAA Div 1 and Professional level.
Derek’s coaching career started in Northern California. His first paid coaching responsibility was in 1988. His 30 years of coaching has taken him from youth hockey (Norcal Rep Club, IMG Academy, Jr Sharks, Stockton Colts), to Junior Hockey (Rochester Mustangs (2), Billings Bulls) to Professional Hockey (China Sharks), NHL (San Jose Sharks) and International Hockey (Swiss Summer Teams (5), Israel/Canada Hockey School).
What sets Derek apart from everyone else in Northern California are his connections within the hockey community. Derek has worked extensively with coaches and general managers around the hockey world to promote Northern California kids to higher levels in hockey. Leagues that Derek has worked with or has been associated: (BCHL, SJHL, MJHL, NAHL, USHL, NCAA Div. 1 and 3, WHL, ECHL, NHL) and Tier 3 Jr. A (CSHL (now NA3), WSHL, AWHL, Nor Pac). AAA programs and Prep Schools across the country.
TRY HOCKEY 4 FREE PROGRAM
The Stockton Jr. Colts Try Hockey 4 Free program offers first-time boys and girls hockey players the chance to get on the rink in full hockey equipment for free. They will receive 4 sessions of instruction on the basics of hockey as well as learn how to skate properly. To learn more about this program click here.
IN-HOUSE HOCKEY PROGRAM (Run by Oak Park Ice Arena in Partnership with Stockton Jr. Colts)
The IN-HOUSE Program is designed to introduce your child to the game of ice hockey. Basic individual hockey skills including skating, passing, stick handling, and shooting through cross-ice mini games and skill development practices will be taught. Players will be grouped according to skill level.
PROGRAM FEE: $325.00 paid in full / $375.00 paid in 2 installments (Jersey Included in cost)
2016-17 USA Hockey Membership is required. Please visit www.usahockeyregistration.com if you need to register.
PROGRAM INCLUDES: 13 week program
Saturday mornings 11:50am-12:40pm (Mite 8U & Squirt 10U)
Saturday afternoon 12:45pm-1:35pm (PeeWee 12U-H.S. 18U)
Monday nights 5:15pm-6:05pm. (Mite 8U & Squirt 10U)(PeeWee Monday nights 6:10pm-7:00pm (12U-H.S. 18U)
First session - Saturday January 14, 2017
Program ends -Saturday April 15, 2017
All sessions held at Oak Park Ice Arena
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR PARTICIPATION (not included in program fee but available in Pro shop):
- Helmet with facemask
- Elbow, Shoulder, and shin pads
- Skates (can be rented)
- Hockey Socks
- Hockey Pants ("Shorts")
TRYOUT FOR JR. COLTS TEAM (2017-2018 season)
2017-18 USA Hockey Membership is required to tryout. Please visit www.usahockeyregistration.com if you need to register. Please bring your USA Hockey number to every try-out
To Register for tryouts, please click on the registration tab below. (Will be available each season before tryouts). A $35.00 tryout fee must be paid at time of registration. Walk ups can pay at the tryout table with ONLY cash or check (payable to Stockton Colts).
BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS
If you are a new player to NORCAL, or are foreign born, you MAY be asked to provide a copy of your government issued birth certificate and/or US Visa documents to the NORCAL Registrar. Please make sure that you bring these documents to tryouts in the event that you are picked for a team.
THE TRYOUT PROCESS:
Check-in at the tryout table, present the required documentation (see above), and pay your tryout fee.
- Receive your tryout number and place it on the back of your helmet (some tryouts use jerseys instead of helmet numbers)
- Proceed to locker room and be ready to get on the ice at the designated time for your tryout
- Most tryouts will last about an hour. Upon completion of the tryout, proceed to the locker room and get dressed
- Tryout results will be posted by your helmet/jersey number on a board at the rink shortly after the completion of the tryout. At that time, you will be instructed to do one of the following things:
- Meet with the coach to sign up for the team
- Return to the next tryout for another look
- You are excused to attend tryouts for other teams
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM CHOSEN FOR A TEAM?
- Immediately following the tryout, you will meet with the team representative at the area designated.
- With help from a team representative you will complete the Letter of Intent and make your financial arrangements for payment of your registration fee and dues. Please come prepared with credit card information and/or check for payment of your registration fee and dues. Once you sign a Letter of Intent you may not tryout for any other team.
- Upon completion of the Letter of Intent and payment process, you will be given a list of instructions and a code to complete your player registration online at Stockton Colts registration site.
- You will have 24 hours from the time that you sign the Letter of Intent to go online on the Stockton Colts Registration site and complete your registration for the team.